Streator IL Denture Services
Whenever you have a dental condition that requires the extraction or removal of a tooth, you may need a dental implant or denture. It could be something as simple as an accident that knocked out some teeth or more serious such as gum disease or tooth decay. This can happen at any age.
Dr. Ed is constantly learning about new dental procedures to help his patients. A Lifetime of Smiles stays abreast of cutting edge technology and loves to support the community with the best and easiest solutions for dentistry.. Anything to help you heal faster or cause less pain!
Why should you select A Lifetime of Smiles for your denture requirements in Streator, IL?
Join our community and experience the following advantages:
- Enjoy visiting the dentist and feeling like you're part of the family.
- Leave us a Google review and get a chance to win a monthly prize.
- We take pleasure in celebrating and having fun with our patients.
- Get your dentures on the same day.
- We have an on-site dental lab that accelerates the denture process.
- Our professionally trained team provides award-winning service.
What are the available denture options in Streator, IL
- Implant Supported Denture: This denture is fixed in the mouth to eliminate any rocking, shifting, or speech slurring.
- Partial Denture: This is a removable appliance that corrects tooth loss by attaching to natural teeth.
- Immediate Denture: This denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after teeth are extracted, and tissues heal under the denture.
- All-On-Four: is a permanent implant-supported denture that can only be removed in-office, if necessary.
- Full Dentures: These are used when all teeth are missing in either the upper or lower jaw or both. They are made of a plastic base that resembles gum tissue and supports a full set of artificial teeth.
- Overdentures: These dentures fit over a few remaining natural teeth or dental implants to provide stability and reduce bone loss in the jaw.
- Flexible Dentures: Also known as flexible partial dentures, these are a modern alternative to traditional dentures. Made of nylon, they are lightweight, thin, and comfortable to wear. They blend in naturally with surrounding teeth and gums and can be easily adjusted without needing a laboratory. However, they may not be suitable for patients with extensive tooth loss or gum disease.
What advantages do dentures offer in Streator IL
Dentures have numerous benefits, including enhancing the appearance of your smile, giving you a more youthful and attractive look. They can also improve your speech by filling in gaps caused by missing teeth, leading to clearer enunciation.
Dentures restore your ability to chew effectively, allowing you to consume a balanced diet without discomfort or difficulty. Additionally, by distributing the forces of your bite evenly, dentures can prevent further damage to your remaining teeth and help maintain your overall oral health.
Dentures can instill a renewed sense of self-confidence, enabling you to eat, speak, and smile with ease. They can also be customized to meet your specific needs, including the size, shape, and color of your teeth for a personalized fit.
Dentures are removable, making them easy to clean and maintain. It's worth noting that adjusting to dentures may require a period of adaptation, but our team of dental professionals can provide guidance on caring for your dentures, including proper cleaning techniques, storage procedures, and replacement timelines.
Why you should entrust A Lifetime of Smiles with your Dental Health and Denture needs in Streator IL
Properly fitted dentures can distribute the forces of your bite, safeguarding your remaining teeth and preserving your jawbone's shape. Our denture specialists can assist you in choosing dentures that are appropriate for the foods you consume, improving your ability to chew and increasing your nutrition and overall health.
We will also guide you in maintaining proper denture cleaning practices to prevent oral infections such as thrush or stomatitis caused by harmful bacteria and fungi. Our team works diligently to ensure that your dentures fit comfortably, reducing the likelihood of discomfort or irritation. Ill-fitting dentures can result in sore spots, gum irritation, and mouth sores.
At A Lifetime of Smiles, we offer same-day dentures to ensure that you receive timely care and have sufficient time for routine checkups, which are essential in maintaining appropriately fitting dentures that do not compromise your oral well-being. With proper care and maintenance, dentures can enhance your quality of life and overall health. However, wearing dentures for a prolonged period can lead to bone loss in the jaw, potentially resulting in loose dentures that require adjustments or replacements.
How does the Denture Process work in Streator, IL
The length of a denture procedure can vary based on several factors, such as the denture type needed, the number of teeth that require replacement, and the health of your gums and jawbone.
Here are the five steps involved in the denture process:
- The initial step typically involves a consultation with your dentist, who will examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if dentures are suitable for you.
- Next, an impression of your teeth and gums will be taken to create a mold that will be sent to our onsite dental lab. Here, your dentures will be custom-made to fit your mouth.
- After your dentures are ready, we'll arrange a try-in appointment (unless you opt for same-day dentures). During this appointment, you'll try on your dentures to make sure they fit well and are comfortable.
- If your dentures fit properly and feel comfortable, we'll make any necessary adjustments and finalize the fitting. We'll also provide you with instructions on how to properly care for your dentures.
- Finally, we'll schedule a follow-up appointment with you. It's important to have regular appointments with your dentist to ensure that your dentures continue to fit properly and are not causing any harm to your oral health. Over time, your dentist may suggest adjustments or replacements to maintain the effectiveness and longevity of your dentures.
A Lifetime Of Smiles Denture Insurance Info In Streator IL
At A Lifetime Of Smiles in Streator IL, we understand that dental insurance coverage for dentures can be complex and varies depending on the plan and type of dentures required. Some plans may only cover basic or standard dentures, while others may have waiting periods or limit the frequency of denture replacements. It's essential to carefully review the specifics of your dental insurance plan to understand the extent of your coverage and any out-of-pocket expenses. Our team can assist you in understanding your coverage or you can directly contact your insurance provider for more information.
How much will dentures cost with A Lifetime Of Smiles in Streator IL
The cost of dentures can vary based on the following factors:
- The type of dentures needed, such as full or partial dentures, which can impact the cost.
- The materials used to create the dentures, which can influence the cost. High-quality materials may result in a higher cost.
- The location where the dental services are offered. Urban areas typically have higher prices compared to rural areas.
- Additional treatments, such as extractions, bone grafts, or dental implants, can increase the overall cost.
- Dental insurance coverage may be available, but not all plans cover dentures or may have limitations on the type of dentures covered.
Please contact us to discuss the available options. Investing in high-quality dentures can improve your oral health and overall quality of life in the long run.