Ottawa IL Denture Services
Whenever you have a dental condition that requires the extraction or removal of a tooth, you may need a dental implant or denture. It could be something as simple as an accident that knocked out some teeth or more serious such as gum disease or tooth decay. This can happen at any age.
Dr. Ed is constantly learning about new dental procedures to help his patients. A Lifetime of Smiles stays abreast of cutting edge technology and loves to support the community with the best and easiest solutions for dentistry.. Anything to help you heal faster or cause less pain!
Why Choose A Lifetime Of Smiles for your Denture Needs in Ottawa, Illinois
Become part of A Lifetime of Smiles and Enjoy the Benefits:
- Have Fun Coming to the Dentist and Feel Like You Belong
- Send us a google review and be put in a raffle for a monthly prize
- We celebrate and have fun with our patients
- SAME DAY DENTURES!!!
- On Site Dental Lab To Expedite the Denture Process
- Award Winning Service With our Professionally trained team.
What Options are available for Dentures in Ottawa, IL
- Implant Supported Denture: a denture fixed in the mouth to eliminate rocking, shifting and slurring of speech
- Partial Denture: a removable appliance that corrects tooth loss by attaching to your natural teeth
- Immediate Denture: a denture fabricated and inserted immediately after teeth are extracted and tissues heal under the denture
- All On Four Dentures: a permanent implant supported denture that can only be removed in office, if necessary
- Overdentures: Overdentures are a type of denture that fits over a few remaining natural teeth or dental implants. The natural teeth or implants provide support for the denture, which can improve stability and reduce bone loss in the jaw.
- Full dentures: Full dentures are used when all of the teeth are missing in either the upper or lower jaw or both. They are made of a plastic base that is colored to look like gum tissue and supports a full set of artificial teeth.
- Flexible dentures: also known as flexible partial dentures, are a modern alternative to traditional dentures. Made of nylon, a thermoplastic material, these lightweight and thin dentures are more comfortable to wear than metal or acrylic-based dentures. Flexible dentures are aesthetically pleasing and blend in naturally with surrounding teeth and gums. They are durable and less likely to crack or break and can be easily adjusted without needing a laboratory. Although flexible dentures are hypoallergenic, they may not be suitable for patients with extensive tooth loss or gum disease
What are the Benefits of Dentures in Ottawa, IL
- Wearing dentures can enhance the aesthetic of your smile, resulting in a more youthful and appealing appearance.
- Losing teeth can impact your speech, leading to difficulties in enunciation or speaking clearly. Dentures can address this issue by filling the gaps caused by missing teeth and improving your speech.
- The absence of teeth can create challenges while chewing and consuming certain foods. Dentures can restore your ability to chew effectively, enabling you to enjoy a balanced diet without discomfort or difficulty.
- By evenly distributing the forces of your bite, dentures can prevent additional damage to your remaining teeth. This, in turn, can help to maintain your overall oral health.
- Dentures can instill a renewed sense of self-assurance, empowering you to eat, speak, and smile with comfort and ease.
- Dentures can be tailored to meet your individual requirements, encompassing the size, shape, and color of your teeth for a personalized fit.
- Dentures are a removable dental solution, rendering them easy to clean and maintain. It is worth noting that adjusting to dentures may take time and require a period of adaptation. A lifetime of smiles specialist will provide guidance on caring for your dentures, such as proper cleaning techniques, storage procedures, and replacement timelines.
Dentures can affect your health and here's why you should trust A Lifetime Of Smiles with your Ottawa, IL Denture Needs
With proper practices, dentures can evenly distribute the forces of your bite, preventing additional harm to your remaining teeth. Additionally, they can preserve the shape of your jawbone, thwarting its deterioration over time.
Our Denture Specialists can help you pick the right dentures for the foods you eat.
Dentures can broaden your capacity to chew and consume a diverse range of foods, ultimately leading to an enhanced level of nutrition and better overall health.
A Lifetime of Smiles will help instruct you on proper cleaning practices for your dentures.
If dentures are not cleaned meticulously, they can foster harmful bacteria and fungi, potentially causing oral infections like thrush or stomatitis
We work hard to protect you from discomfort or irritation so that you can smile in comfort. We'll make sure you have a good fit with your dentures. Dentures can cause discomfort and irritation, especially in the early stages of use. Ill-fitting dentures can also cause sore spots, gum irritation, and mouth sores.
We're fast! Especially with our same day dentures option allowing us to have more time ensuring you have all the routine checkups you need in a timely fashion. Routine dental check-ups are crucial to ensuring that your dentures fit appropriately and are not detrimental to your oral well-being. With adequate upkeep and care, dentures can enhance your quality of life and overall health. However, wearing dentures for an extended period may lead to bone loss in your jaw, potentially resulting in loose dentures, necessitating adjustments or replacements.
What is the Denture Process like in Ottawa, IL
The duration of a denture procedure can fluctuate based on various factors, including the denture type required, the number of teeth that need replacement, and the patient's gum and jawbone health.
This denture process takes around 5 steps:
- The initial stage in obtaining dentures usually involves an initial consultation with your dentist. At this stage, your dentist will inspect your teeth, gums, and jawbone to assess whether dentures are a viable choice for you.
- Then we will take an impression of your teeth and gums to create a mold. This mold will be sent to our onsite dental lab, where your dentures will be custom-made to fit your mouth.
- Once your dentures are ready, you we'll setup a try-in appointment (Unless you're getting same day dentures). During this appointment, you will try on your dentures to ensure that they fit properly and are comfortable.
- If your dentures fit well and feel comfortable, we will make any necessary adjustments and finalize the fitting. They will also provide you with instructions on how to care for your dentures properly.
- Lastly, we'll schedule a follow-up appointment with you. It's important to have follow-up appointments with your dentist to ensure that your dentures continue to fit properly and are not causing any harm to your oral health. Your dentist may also recommend adjustments or replacements over time to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your dentures.
Denture Insurance Info In Ottawa, IL
The coverage for dentures by dental insurance usually depends on the plan and the type of dentures required. However, the extent of coverage may vary significantly depending on the insurance provider and the plan you're enrolled in.
Dental insurance plans that provide coverage for dentures may come with certain restrictions or limitations. For instance, some plans may only cover specific types of dentures, such as basic or standard dentures, while advanced options like implant-supported dentures may not be covered. Additionally, certain plans may have waiting periods before coverage starts or limit the frequency of denture replacements.
To fully understand the coverage and costs associated with getting dentures, it is important to carefully review the specifics of your dental insurance plan. It may be helpful to consult with us or directly contact your insurance provider for more information. By doing so, you can determine the extent of your coverage, as well as any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur.
How much will dentures cost in Ottawa, IL
The price of dentures can vary depending on several factors, including:
- The type of dentures you need will impact the cost. For example, full dentures typically cost more than partial dentures.
- The materials used to make your dentures can also affect the cost. Dentures made from higher-quality materials may be more expensive.
- The cost of dentures can vary depending on where you live. Generally, prices are higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
- If you require additional treatments before or after getting your dentures, such as extractions, bone grafts, or dental implants, the overall cost will be higher.
- If you have dental insurance, your plan may cover some or all of the cost of your dentures. However, not all insurance plans cover dentures or may have restrictions on the type of dentures that are covered.
Give us a call and discuss what options we have available. Remember that investing in high-quality dentures can improve your oral health and quality of life in the long term.