1. When selecting a dentist in Streator, IL, it is essential to verify their credentials and experience. Ensure that the dentist is licensed and has obtained the necessary education and training to practice dentistry.
Graduated with honors while receiving a Doctorate of Dental Surgery From The University Of Illinois At the Chicago College Of Dentistry in 1995
Dr. Ed is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- Contemporary Dental Forum
- Seattle Study Club
- Illinois Valley Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2015, with a bachelor degree in Biological Science and Chemistry.
- Graduate of 2019 in UOI Chicago with a Doctorate in Dental Medicine, D.M.D.
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles in May 2019
- Graduated from University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine in 2020 with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery, D.D.S
- He continued with his general practice residency at NYU in Langone Brooklyn
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles July 2021
2. Consider the location and office hours when choosing a dentist in Streator, IL. Choose a dentist who is conveniently located and has office hours that suit your schedule.
Get Directions to Our Lasalle, IL Office
3. Make sure that the dentist in Streator, IL offers a broad range of dental services, including preventive care, restorative treatments, and cosmetic dentistry services, to address your oral health requirements.
Preventive care involves various dental practices and treatments to preserve good oral health and prevent dental problems, including dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and oral cancer screenings. Practicing good oral hygiene and receiving preventive care lowers the risk of developing cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues.
Dental restorative treatments aim to repair or replace damaged or missing teeth, such as dental fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures. These treatments improve the function and appearance of teeth affected by cavities, fractures, or other issues.
Dental fillings repair teeth damaged by decay or trauma by removing the affected portion and filling the cavity with dental materials. They restore the tooth's function and appearance while preventing further decay.
Dental crowns repair or replace decayed or damaged teeth by placing a customized cap over the tooth to restore its size, shape, and strength.
Dental bridges replace missing teeth by attaching prosthetic teeth to neighboring teeth using dental crowns or other support methods, improving the function and appearance of teeth.
Dentures and partials replace missing teeth, custom-made to fit comfortably in the patient's mouth and restore the function and appearance of teeth, preventing dental problems.
Root canals repair teeth damaged by decay or infection by removing the affected or infected portion and filling it with dental material, preserving the natural tooth and easing discomfort.
TMJ treatment addresses problems with the temporomandibular joint that connects the jawbone to the skull, causing pain, clicking or popping sounds, and difficulty chewing or speaking. Treatment can include self-care practices, dental appliances, medication, or surgery.
Laser dentistry uses specialized lasers for various dental procedures, presenting advantages such as reduced pain, bleeding, and healing time.
Oral surgery treats dental and oral health issues such as impacted wisdom teeth, dental implants, and jaw surgery, requiring local or general anesthesia and a period of recovery and aftercare.
Teeth in a day places dental implants and attaches a provisional restoration in a single appointment, offering faster treatment times and a reduced overall cost.
Teeth whitening enhances the brightness and whiteness of teeth through in-office treatments or at-home treatments using custom-fitted trays and whitening gels.
Porcelain veneers enhance the appearance of teeth by affixing personalized shells of porcelain to the front surface of teeth, improving cosmetic issues such as discoloration, chips, and gaps.
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth, custom-made for each patient's specific needs. Invisalign offers advantages such as comfort, convenience, and aesthetics while addressing orthodontic issues like crowded or misaligned teeth, gaps, and overbites. The aligners gradually shift the teeth into their desired position, and patients can remove them for eating, brushing, and flossing. The treatment duration varies depending on the complexity of the patient's case and adherence to the treatment plan but typically lasts for 12 to 18 months
4. When looking for a dentist in Streator, IL, it's important to take into account their reputation and reviews. Reading online reviews and asking for recommendations from friends or family members can provide helpful insight. You can also check the dentist's website or social media pages to see feedback from other patients and their experiences.
Dr. Ed's Patients Love Him!
And the reviews are the proof!
I went to Dr. Ed yesterday for a root canal. Not only is Dr Ed a very friendly guy he is also a true professional at his trade. He did a root canal through my crown. I'm not a dentist but, that seems like it would be a tough procedure. He saved me from having to get a new crown. His assistant Maddie was also professional and kind. Everyone there is friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Ed Monroe.
I am a wreck over going to the dentist, but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Best dentist and dentist office I've been to in years. Everyone is friendly and helpful. If you have Dentist Phobia this is the place to go. There is always laughter and people seem to enjoy their time there. I myself needed new dentures. Best set I have ever had, I can actually chew lettuce, nuts, and hard foods I've not eaten in years. I've had to have a few adjustments and they are always happy to see me. I know I always enjoy going there. I highly recommend Dr Ed to anyone
Truly are the best dentist. All the staff are amazing and so nice. Dr. Ed and Gina have helped me through one of the most toughest times and always make it enjoyable when I come in.
Dr Ed is always so patient with me even though I'm a big baby at the dentist. He never makes me feel bad for being overly nervous, like some dentists do. Even though I live 45 minutes away, I still like to go here if I need any "painful" procedures done. He always keeps comfortable. Today Brittney took my sutures out and I didn't feel a thing!
Dr. Ken's Patients Love Him
The proof is in the reviews!
I am a wreck over going to the dentist,
but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Broke a front tooth over the weekend, Dr. Ken did an amazing job building it back up. Really amazing how well matched it is, looks perfect. Also really appreciate the staff being flexible and fitting this repair in on a Monday. (The place is great for routine care too).
A wonderful relaxing atmosphere… Everyone is very friendly and professional. I’ve seen Dr. Ed several times, and have also received services from Dr. Pat. This week I had an appointment with Dr. Ken, their newest associate and was very satisfied with his work as well!
First time bringing my 9 year old was great here the whole place has that home warm comfort feel.. Dr Ken ended up having to pull 2 teeth all pain free! Also huge thanks to Desiree for following up the next day. Dr. Edd Monroe got the office tour instead of me lol but he was awesome throughout the whole process made us feel welcome in his home away from home and he does an amazing job with the kids (had my 10 month old niece with me that day)!! I deff recommend you come meet the team and get the same experience my family and everyone leaving reviews gets!
Hear What Real Patients Say About Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat and Jessica were amazing! I had wisdom teeth removed and he made it completely comfortable. I felt nothing. I was concerned about price at first, but was actually really affordable. Everyone in the office was super nice, answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend to everyone!
I had some dental work done by Dr. Pat and I am very happy with the results. I have had tons of dental work in my life and have never felt as comfortable at the dentist. Dr. Pat was excellent at letting me know what was happening and everything was pain free. 100% would recommend and will be sending in my children.
I’m so glad I decided to have my first appointment at Lifetime of Smiles. Dr. Pat was great! He made me so comfortable. He explained everything clearly and then presented me with a treatment plan. I had a scaling, which in the past had been very painful. I felt no pain during the procedure and when anesthesia wore off, I still had no pain.
Now I will only go to Dr. Pat and I highly recommend him to all my friends.
I switched to Dr. Pat after my old dentist retired. Dr. Pat came in on his day off to cover an emergency for me. He was able to put a crown on the same day. It has healed wonderfully well and I have no discomfort. I am very grateful and would highly recommend him.
Best dental experience I’ve ever had in the Illinois Valley area! Christy was awesome and she got me in right away! Dr. Pat was very nice, prompt and professional. Sarah was super helpful in scheduling my next appointment. Everyone was so kind and caring! I really appreciate all the staff at Lifetime of Smiles! Thank you for all you do!
5. In addition to location and services offered, it's important to consider the insurance plans accepted and payment options available when choosing a dentist in Streator, IL. Be sure to ask about their accepted insurance plans and payment methods to ensure a hassle-free experience.
Dental insurance plans can vary depending on the provider, plan, and coverage options. Here are some common ways in which dental insurance plans differ:
Coverage for Preventive Care: Many dental insurance plans cover routine preventive care such as dental exams, cleanings, and X-rays at little or no cost to the patient. This helps promote good oral health and prevents serious dental problems in the future.
Coverage for Restorative Treatments: Some dental insurance plans cover restorative treatments such as dental fillings, crowns, and bridges. However, the types of treatments included and the extent of coverage may vary depending on the plan.
Deductibles and Copayments: Dental insurance plans often require patients to pay a deductible or copayment before coverage begins. The amount of the deductible and copayment may differ depending on the plan.
Annual Maximums: Many dental insurance plans set an annual maximum on the amount of coverage provided. Once the maximum is reached, the patient is responsible for any additional dental expenses.
In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Providers: Some dental insurance plans require patients to use in-network providers to receive coverage. Out-of-network providers may still be covered, but the patient may have to pay a higher out-of-pocket cost.
Waiting Periods: Some dental insurance plans have waiting periods before covering certain treatments. For example, a plan may require a six-month waiting period before covering orthodontic treatment.
To understand what is covered and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be, it is important to review the details of your dental insurance plan. You can speak with one of our dentists in Streator, IL, or contact your insurance provider directly to obtain more information about denture coverage.
6. When selecting a dentist close to Streator, IL, it is crucial to choose one who communicates in a manner that makes you feel at ease. Look for a dentist who can communicate effectively, listen to your concerns, and answer any questions you have about your dental health. This will help ensure that you feel comfortable and confident during your dental visits.
Why choose A Lifetime of Smiles for your Dentist needs in Streator, IL
- Enjoy a welcoming and fun-filled atmosphere at our dental office
- Leave a Google review and enter a monthly raffle for exciting prizes
- Experience our celebration and fun with our patients
- Benefit from our Same Day Dentures service
- Take advantage of our on-site dental lab to expedite the denture process
- Receive award-winning service from our professionally trained team
7. It is essential to verify that any dental clinic you choose in or around Streator, IL, follows proper hygiene and safety protocols to ensure your well-being and safety. Choose a dental office that maintains a clean and safe environment for its patients.
During an uncertain time, we assure you that you can count on A Lifetime Of Smiles. We are doing all that we can do to serve you in a safe, effective, and fun and friendly way! Some of the ways in which we have adapted in our office to serve you better:
- Comfortable socially distanced seating in our spacious waiting area
- Temperature checks of all patients, employees and visitors upon entrance into our building
- Disinfection of all surfaces consistently throughout the day of waiting area and reception desk and in our entire office
- Hand Sanitizer available throughout entire office during all parts of your appointment
- Mandatory mask requirement for all staff and patients and visitors in building
- Strict adherence to exceed CDC and ADA guidelines
- Increased Personal Protection Equipment being worn by all staff during all procedures
- Radio communication allowing for social distancing of traffic between appointments, decreasing the amount of people in any given area at one time
- HVAC UV Sanitation
- HEPA Air Filtration
- Peroxide Atomization
- New Air Recirculation