1. Verifying the qualifications and experience of a dentist is crucial when selecting one in Earlville, IL. It is important to ensure that the dentist is licensed and has received the required education and training to practice dentistry.
Graduated with honors while receiving a Doctorate of Dental Surgery From The University Of Illinois At the Chicago College Of Dentistry in 1995
Dr. Ed is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- Contemporary Dental Forum
- Seattle Study Club
- Illinois Valley Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2015, with a bachelor degree in Biological Science and Chemistry.
- Graduate of 2019 in UOI Chicago with a Doctorate in Dental Medicine, D.M.D.
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles in May 2019
- Graduated from University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine in 2020 with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery, D.D.S
- He continued with his general practice residency at NYU in Langone Brooklyn
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles July 2021
2. When searching for a dentist in Earlville, IL, it's important to take into account their location and office hours. Opt for a dentist who is conveniently located and has office hours that fit your schedule to ensure easy accessibility for dental appointments.
Get Directions to Our Lasalle, IL Office
3. Make sure the dentist you choose in Earlville, IL provides a broad range of dental services that encompass preventive care, restorative treatments, and cosmetic dentistry services to address your oral health requirements.
Scaling and root planing, also known as periodontal cleaning, is a thorough cleaning process that removes plaque and tartar buildup below the gum line. This procedure is recommended for patients with gum disease to minimize inflammation, prevent further damage, and support healing.
Practicing good oral hygiene and receiving preventive care through various dental practices and treatments, including dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and oral cancer screenings, lowers the risk of developing cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues, thus preserving good oral health and preventing dental problems.
The purpose of dental restorative treatments is to fix or substitute damaged or missing teeth using methods like dental fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures. These treatments improve the look and function of teeth that are affected by cavities, fractures, or other issues.
Dental sealants are a preventative dental treatment that helps to reduce the risk of tooth decay by creating a barrier against bacteria and food debris. The sealant is a thin, plastic coating that is applied to the chewing surfaces of the molars, which are the back teeth that are more susceptible to cavities. By filling in the pits and grooves of the molars, sealants make it easier to clean these teeth and protect them from decay. Sealants are usually recommended for children and teenagers, but can also be beneficial for adults with a high risk of cavities.
Dental fillings are a dental treatment that aims to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay or trauma. During the procedure, the dentist removes the affected portion of the tooth and fills the cavity with dental materials. This restoration not only restores the tooth's function and appearance but also prevents further decay.
Customized dental crowns are placed over damaged or decayed teeth to restore their size, shape, and strength. This dental restoration option offers a customized fit, improved functionality, and a natural appearance.
Missing teeth can be replaced with dental bridges, which attach prosthetic teeth to neighboring teeth using dental crowns or other support methods, restoring the function and appearance of teeth.
Dentures and partials are custom-made appliances that replace missing teeth, and they are designed to fit comfortably in the patient's mouth. These appliances can restore the function and appearance of teeth, while also preventing dental problems.
Root canals are a type of dental treatment that aims to repair damaged or infected teeth. During a root canal procedure, the affected or infected portion of the tooth is removed, and the remaining tooth structure is filled with dental material to preserve the natural tooth. This treatment is usually recommended when the tooth's pulp, which contains nerves and blood vessels, becomes infected or inflamed due to deep decay, a cracked tooth, or repeated dental procedures. Root canals can help to alleviate pain, prevent further damage to the tooth, and save it from extraction.
Treatment for temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders involves addressing problems with the joint connecting the jawbone to the skull, which can cause pain, clicking or popping sounds, and difficulty chewing or speaking. TMJ treatment options can include self-care practices, dental appliances, medication, or surgery, depending on the severity of the condition.
Specialized lasers are used in laser dentistry to perform various dental procedures, offering benefits such as reduced discomfort, bleeding, and recovery time.
Oral surgery is a medical procedure that addresses dental and oral health issues, including impacted wisdom teeth, dental implants, and jaw surgery. It typically involves local or general anesthesia and requires a recovery period with aftercare.
The Teeth in a day procedure involves placing dental implants and attaching a temporary restoration in a single appointment, providing quicker treatment times and potentially lower costs compared to traditional implant procedures.
Whitening treatments, whether in-office or at-home using custom-fitted trays and whitening gels, brighten and improve the whiteness of teeth.
Porcelain veneers are thin, customized shells made of porcelain that are affixed to the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They are particularly effective for addressing cosmetic issues such as discoloration, chips, and gaps.
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to gradually shift teeth into their desired position. These aligners are custom-made for each patient's specific needs and offer benefits such as comfort, convenience, and aesthetics while addressing orthodontic issues like crowded or misaligned teeth, gaps, and overbites. Patients can easily remove the aligners for eating, brushing, and flossing. Treatment time varies depending on the complexity of the case and the patient's adherence to the treatment plan, but typically ranges from 12 to 18 months.
4. It is crucial to take into account the reputation and reviews of a dentist when searching for one in Earlville, IL. To ensure a reliable dentist, you can read online reviews, ask for recommendations from friends or family, and visit the dentist's website or social media pages to read feedback from other patients and understand their experiences.
Dr. Ed's Patients Love Him!
And the reviews are the proof!
I went to Dr. Ed yesterday for a root canal. Not only is Dr Ed a very friendly guy he is also a true professional at his trade. He did a root canal through my crown. I'm not a dentist but, that seems like it would be a tough procedure. He saved me from having to get a new crown. His assistant Maddie was also professional and kind. Everyone there is friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Ed Monroe.
I am a wreck over going to the dentist, but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Best dentist and dentist office I've been to in years. Everyone is friendly and helpful. If you have Dentist Phobia this is the place to go. There is always laughter and people seem to enjoy their time there. I myself needed new dentures. Best set I have ever had, I can actually chew lettuce, nuts, and hard foods I've not eaten in years. I've had to have a few adjustments and they are always happy to see me. I know I always enjoy going there. I highly recommend Dr Ed to anyone
Truly are the best dentist. All the staff are amazing and so nice. Dr. Ed and Gina have helped me through one of the most toughest times and always make it enjoyable when I come in.
Dr Ed is always so patient with me even though I'm a big baby at the dentist. He never makes me feel bad for being overly nervous, like some dentists do. Even though I live 45 minutes away, I still like to go here if I need any "painful" procedures done. He always keeps comfortable. Today Brittney took my sutures out and I didn't feel a thing!
Dr. Ken's Patients Love Him
The proof is in the reviews!
I am a wreck over going to the dentist,
but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Broke a front tooth over the weekend, Dr. Ken did an amazing job building it back up. Really amazing how well matched it is, looks perfect. Also really appreciate the staff being flexible and fitting this repair in on a Monday. (The place is great for routine care too).
A wonderful relaxing atmosphere… Everyone is very friendly and professional. I’ve seen Dr. Ed several times, and have also received services from Dr. Pat. This week I had an appointment with Dr. Ken, their newest associate and was very satisfied with his work as well!
First time bringing my 9 year old was great here the whole place has that home warm comfort feel.. Dr Ken ended up having to pull 2 teeth all pain free! Also huge thanks to Desiree for following up the next day. Dr. Edd Monroe got the office tour instead of me lol but he was awesome throughout the whole process made us feel welcome in his home away from home and he does an amazing job with the kids (had my 10 month old niece with me that day)!! I deff recommend you come meet the team and get the same experience my family and everyone leaving reviews gets!
Hear What Real Patients Say About Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat and Jessica were amazing! I had wisdom teeth removed and he made it completely comfortable. I felt nothing. I was concerned about price at first, but was actually really affordable. Everyone in the office was super nice, answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend to everyone!
I had some dental work done by Dr. Pat and I am very happy with the results. I have had tons of dental work in my life and have never felt as comfortable at the dentist. Dr. Pat was excellent at letting me know what was happening and everything was pain free. 100% would recommend and will be sending in my children.
I’m so glad I decided to have my first appointment at Lifetime of Smiles. Dr. Pat was great! He made me so comfortable. He explained everything clearly and then presented me with a treatment plan. I had a scaling, which in the past had been very painful. I felt no pain during the procedure and when anesthesia wore off, I still had no pain.
Now I will only go to Dr. Pat and I highly recommend him to all my friends.
I switched to Dr. Pat after my old dentist retired. Dr. Pat came in on his day off to cover an emergency for me. He was able to put a crown on the same day. It has healed wonderfully well and I have no discomfort. I am very grateful and would highly recommend him.
Best dental experience I’ve ever had in the Illinois Valley area! Christy was awesome and she got me in right away! Dr. Pat was very nice, prompt and professional. Sarah was super helpful in scheduling my next appointment. Everyone was so kind and caring! I really appreciate all the staff at Lifetime of Smiles! Thank you for all you do!
5. When choosing a dentist in Earlville, IL, it's important to consider the insurance plans they accept and the payment options they offer. Make sure to ask about their accepted insurance plans and available payment methods to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Plan Providers: Different dental insurance plans are offered by various providers, including private insurance companies, government programs, and employer-sponsored plans. The type of plan can affect coverage options, costs, and provider networks.
Coverage for Preventive Care: Many dental insurance plans offer coverage for routine preventive care, such as dental exams, cleanings, and X-rays, at little or no cost to the patient. This helps promote good oral health and prevent serious dental problems down the line.
Coverage for Restorative Treatments: Some dental insurance plans cover restorative treatments, such as dental fillings, crowns, and bridges. However, the extent of coverage and the types of treatments included may vary depending on the plan.
Deductibles and Copayments: Dental insurance plans often require patients to pay a deductible or copayment before coverage begins. The amount of the deductible and copayment may vary depending on the plan.
Annual Maximums: Many dental insurance plans set an annual maximum on the amount of coverage provided. Once the maximum is reached, the patient is responsible for any additional dental expenses.
In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Providers: Some dental insurance plans require patients to use in-network providers to receive coverage. Out-of-network providers may still be covered, but the patient may be responsible for a higher out-of-pocket cost.
Waiting Periods: Some dental insurance plans have waiting periods before covering certain treatments. For example, a plan may require a six-month waiting period before covering orthodontic treatment.
It's important to review the details of your dental insurance plan to understand what is covered and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be. You can speak with one of our dentists in Earlville, IL or contact your insurance provider directly to get more information about coverage for specific dental procedures.
6. When choosing a dentist in Earlville, IL, it's important to look for a professional with a communication style that puts you at ease. You should select a dentist who can communicate effectively, listen to your concerns, and answer any questions you may have about your dental health. This will help you feel more confident and relaxed during your appointments, making for a more positive experience.
Why choose A Lifetime of Smiles for your Dentist needs in Earlville, IL
- Enjoy a welcoming and fun-filled atmosphere at our dental office
- Leave a Google review and enter a monthly raffle for exciting prizes
- Experience our celebration and fun with our patients
- Benefit from our Same Day Dentures service
- Take advantage of our on-site dental lab to expedite the denture process
- Receive award-winning service from our professionally trained team
7. When selecting a dental office in or near Earlville, IL, it is important to ensure that they prioritize hygiene and safety protocols to maintain a clean and safe environment for patients. This includes using appropriate sterilization and disinfection techniques for dental instruments and equipment, following standard precautions to prevent the spread of infection, and maintaining a clean and organized office space. By choosing a dental clinic that prioritizes hygiene and safety, you can feel confident and comfortable during your visits.
During an uncertain time, we assure you that you can count on A Lifetime Of Smiles. We are doing all that we can do to serve you in a safe, effective, and fun and friendly way! Some of the ways in which we have adapted in our office to serve you better:
- Comfortable socially distanced seating in our spacious waiting area
- Temperature checks of all patients, employees and visitors upon entrance into our building
- Disinfection of all surfaces consistently throughout the day of waiting area and reception desk and in our entire office
- Hand Sanitizer available throughout entire office during all parts of your appointment
- Mandatory mask requirement for all staff and patients and visitors in building
- Strict adherence to exceed CDC and ADA guidelines
- Increased Personal Protection Equipment being worn by all staff during all procedures
- Radio communication allowing for social distancing of traffic between appointments, decreasing the amount of people in any given area at one time
- HVAC UV Sanitation
- HEPA Air Filtration
- Peroxide Atomization
- New Air Recirculation