1. When selecting a dentist in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL, it is crucial to confirm their qualifications and experience. Verify that the dentist is licensed and has acquired the required education and training to provide dental services.
Graduated with honors while receiving a Doctorate of Dental Surgery From The University Of Illinois At the Chicago College Of Dentistry in 1995
Dr. Ed is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- Contemporary Dental Forum
- Seattle Study Club
- Illinois Valley Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2015, with a bachelor degree in Biological Science and Chemistry.
- Graduate of 2019 in UOI Chicago with a Doctorate in Dental Medicine, D.M.D.
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles in May 2019
- Graduated from University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine in 2020 with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery, D.D.S
- He continued with his general practice residency at NYU in Langone Brooklyn
- Joined A Lifetime Of Smiles July 2021
2. When choosing a dentist in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL, take into account their location and office hours. Opt for a dentist who is conveniently located and has office hours that align with your schedule.
Get Directions to Our Lasalle, IL Office
3. Make sure the dentist provides an extensive range of dental services in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL that includes preventive care, restorative treatments, and cosmetic dentistry services, catering to your oral health requirements.
Dental exams are routine check-ups performed by dentists to assess a patient's overall oral health. They detect dental problems such as tooth decay and gum disease and may include X-rays for better visualization. Regular dental exams are crucial for maintaining good oral health and preventing major dental issues.
Preventive care includes various dental practices and treatments aimed at preserving good oral health and preventing dental problems, such as dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and oral cancer screenings. Practicing good oral hygiene and receiving preventive care lowers the risk of developing cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues.
Dental restorative treatments aim to repair or replace damaged or missing teeth, such as dental fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures. These treatments improve the function and appearance of teeth affected by cavities, fractures, or other issues.
Dental fillings repair teeth damaged by decay or trauma by removing the affected portion and filling the cavity with dental materials. They restore the tooth's function and appearance while preventing further decay.
Dental crowns repair or replace decayed or damaged teeth by placing a customized cap over the tooth to restore its size, shape, and strength.
Dental bridges replace missing teeth by attaching prosthetic teeth to neighboring teeth using dental crowns or other support methods, improving the function and appearance of teeth.
Dentures and partials replace missing teeth, custom-made to fit comfortably in the patient's mouth and restore the function and appearance of teeth, preventing dental problems.
Root canals treat teeth damaged by decay or infection by removing the affected or infected portion and filling it with dental material, preserving the natural tooth and easing discomfort.
TMJ treatment addresses problems with the temporomandibular joint, which connects the jawbone to the skull, causing pain, clicking or popping sounds, and difficulty chewing or speaking. Treatment can include self-care practices, dental appliances, medication, or surgery.
Laser dentistry uses specialized lasers for various dental procedures, presenting advantages such as reduced pain, bleeding, and healing time.
Oral surgery is a type of dental procedure that addresses various dental and oral health issues, such as impacted wisdom teeth, dental implants, and jaw surgery. This procedure typically requires the use of local or general anesthesia and involves a recovery period and aftercare.
Teeth in a day is a procedure that involves placing dental implants and attaching a temporary restoration all in one appointment, which can provide faster treatment times and cost savings.
Teeth can be made brighter and whiter by undergoing either in-office treatments or using custom-fitted trays and whitening gels at home.
Porcelain veneers can improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth by attaching personalized shells of porcelain to the front of teeth, effectively addressing cosmetic concerns such as gaps, chips, and discoloration.
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses transparent and removable aligners to straighten teeth, which are customized for each patient's unique needs. This treatment offers several benefits, including comfort, convenience, and aesthetic appeal while addressing various orthodontic issues such as crowded or misaligned teeth, gaps, and overbites. The aligners work by gradually shifting the teeth into the desired position, and patients can take them out while eating, brushing, and flossing. The treatment duration varies depending on the complexity of the patient's case and their adherence to the treatment plan, but typically ranges from 12 to 18 months.
4. Consider the reputation and reviews of a dentist in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL before choosing one. Look for feedback from other patients by checking online reviews, asking for recommendations from friends or family members, or visiting the dentist's website or social media pages to learn about their experience.
Dr. Ed's Patients Love Him!
And the reviews are the proof!
I went to Dr. Ed yesterday for a root canal. Not only is Dr Ed a very friendly guy he is also a true professional at his trade. He did a root canal through my crown. I'm not a dentist but, that seems like it would be a tough procedure. He saved me from having to get a new crown. His assistant Maddie was also professional and kind. Everyone there is friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Ed Monroe.
I am a wreck over going to the dentist, but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Best dentist and dentist office I've been to in years. Everyone is friendly and helpful. If you have Dentist Phobia this is the place to go. There is always laughter and people seem to enjoy their time there. I myself needed new dentures. Best set I have ever had, I can actually chew lettuce, nuts, and hard foods I've not eaten in years. I've had to have a few adjustments and they are always happy to see me. I know I always enjoy going there. I highly recommend Dr Ed to anyone
Truly are the best dentist. All the staff are amazing and so nice. Dr. Ed and Gina have helped me through one of the most toughest times and always make it enjoyable when I come in.
Dr Ed is always so patient with me even though I'm a big baby at the dentist. He never makes me feel bad for being overly nervous, like some dentists do. Even though I live 45 minutes away, I still like to go here if I need any "painful" procedures done. He always keeps comfortable. Today Brittney took my sutures out and I didn't feel a thing!
Dr. Ken's Patients Love Him
The proof is in the reviews!
I am a wreck over going to the dentist,
but not this one. I have had major work done here, and Dr. Ed has been wonderful and provided me with pain free dental work. I saw a new doctor today, Dr. Ken, and he was equally gentle and skilled. He will be a great addition to this friendly, caring office.
Broke a front tooth over the weekend, Dr. Ken did an amazing job building it back up. Really amazing how well matched it is, looks perfect. Also really appreciate the staff being flexible and fitting this repair in on a Monday. (The place is great for routine care too).
A wonderful relaxing atmosphere… Everyone is very friendly and professional. I’ve seen Dr. Ed several times, and have also received services from Dr. Pat. This week I had an appointment with Dr. Ken, their newest associate and was very satisfied with his work as well!
First time bringing my 9 year old was great here the whole place has that home warm comfort feel.. Dr Ken ended up having to pull 2 teeth all pain free! Also huge thanks to Desiree for following up the next day. Dr. Edd Monroe got the office tour instead of me lol but he was awesome throughout the whole process made us feel welcome in his home away from home and he does an amazing job with the kids (had my 10 month old niece with me that day)!! I deff recommend you come meet the team and get the same experience my family and everyone leaving reviews gets!
Hear What Real Patients Say About Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat and Jessica were amazing! I had wisdom teeth removed and he made it completely comfortable. I felt nothing. I was concerned about price at first, but was actually really affordable. Everyone in the office was super nice, answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend to everyone!
I had some dental work done by Dr. Pat and I am very happy with the results. I have had tons of dental work in my life and have never felt as comfortable at the dentist. Dr. Pat was excellent at letting me know what was happening and everything was pain free. 100% would recommend and will be sending in my children.
I’m so glad I decided to have my first appointment at Lifetime of Smiles. Dr. Pat was great! He made me so comfortable. He explained everything clearly and then presented me with a treatment plan. I had a scaling, which in the past had been very painful. I felt no pain during the procedure and when anesthesia wore off, I still had no pain.
Now I will only go to Dr. Pat and I highly recommend him to all my friends.
I switched to Dr. Pat after my old dentist retired. Dr. Pat came in on his day off to cover an emergency for me. He was able to put a crown on the same day. It has healed wonderfully well and I have no discomfort. I am very grateful and would highly recommend him.
Best dental experience I’ve ever had in the Illinois Valley area! Christy was awesome and she got me in right away! Dr. Pat was very nice, prompt and professional. Sarah was super helpful in scheduling my next appointment. Everyone was so kind and caring! I really appreciate all the staff at Lifetime of Smiles! Thank you for all you do!
5. When selecting a dentist in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL, it is crucial to consider the accepted insurance plans and payment options. Make sure to ask the dentist about the insurance plans they accept and the payment methods they offer to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Dental insurance plans can vary based on the provider, coverage options, and plan. The following are some common ways in which dental insurance plans can differ:
Coverage for Preventive Care: Many dental insurance plans provide coverage for routine preventive care, such as dental exams, cleanings, and X-rays, at little or no cost to the patient. This helps promote good oral health and prevent serious dental problems down the line.
Coverage for Restorative Treatments: Some dental insurance plans cover restorative treatments, such as dental fillings, crowns, and bridges. However, the extent of coverage and the types of treatments included may vary depending on the plan.
Deductibles and Copayments: Dental insurance plans often require patients to pay a deductible or copayment before coverage begins. The amount of the deductible and copayment may vary depending on the plan.
Annual Maximums: Many dental insurance plans set an annual maximum on the amount of coverage provided. Once the maximum is reached, the patient is responsible for any additional dental expenses.
In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Providers: Some dental insurance plans require patients to use in-network providers to receive coverage. Out-of-network providers may still be covered, but the patient may be responsible for a higher out-of-pocket cost.
Waiting Periods: Some dental insurance plans have waiting periods before covering certain treatments. For example, a plan may require a six-month waiting period before covering orthodontic treatment.
To understand what is covered and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be, review the details of your dental insurance plan. Contact your insurance provider directly or speak with one of our dentists in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL to get more information about coverage for dentures.
6. When choosing a dentist in or near Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL, consider their communication style and select someone who can make you feel comfortable and at ease. It's crucial to choose a dentist who can effectively communicate, address your concerns, and answer your questions regarding your dental health. This can help you feel confident and relaxed during your dental visits.
Why choose A Lifetime of Smiles for your Dentist needs in Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL
- Enjoy a welcoming and fun-filled atmosphere at our dental office
- Leave a Google review and enter a monthly raffle for exciting prizes
- Experience our celebration and fun with our patients
- Benefit from our Same Day Dentures service
- Take advantage of our on-site dental lab to expedite the denture process
- Receive award-winning service from our professionally trained team
7. Ensure that any dental office you choose in or near Dalzell, Cherry & Ladd, IL, follows proper hygiene and safety protocols to protect your well-being and safety. It's important to select a dental clinic that maintains a clean and safe environment for its patients.
During an uncertain time, we assure you that you can count on A Lifetime Of Smiles. We are doing all that we can do to serve you in a safe, effective, and fun and friendly way! Some of the ways in which we have adapted in our office to serve you better:
- Comfortable socially distanced seating in our spacious waiting area
- Temperature checks of all patients, employees and visitors upon entrance into our building
- Disinfection of all surfaces consistently throughout the day of waiting area and reception desk and in our entire office
- Hand Sanitizer available throughout entire office during all parts of your appointment
- Mandatory mask requirement for all staff and patients and visitors in building
- Strict adherence to exceed CDC and ADA guidelines
- Increased Personal Protection Equipment being worn by all staff during all procedures
- Radio communication allowing for social distancing of traffic between appointments, decreasing the amount of people in any given area at one time
- HVAC UV Sanitation
- HEPA Air Filtration
- Peroxide Atomization
- New Air Recirculation